Pages

Friday 29 August 2014

Wow, being old is boring!

Article summary:
A 111 year old retired teacher from Japan has been recognised as the world’s oldest living man. Sakari Momoi received a certificate from World Records after the death of  Alexander Imich of New York. Imich died in April at the age of 111 years and 164 days old. Momoi was born Feb. 5, 1903, in Fukushima. He later moved to the city called Saitama, north of Tokyo, and served as a high school principal. Momoi enjoys reading books, has five children and lives in a nursing home in Tokyo. There is another world’s oldest living person is also Japan named Misao Okawa a 116 year old woman from Osaka.

My opinion on this article:
If I survived until 111 years old, then I will be very bored because I wouldn’t be able to move or do anything. I would prefer to choose be dead at 90 years old. I would also find hard to just lie there and my children will have to feed me.

WALT understand and form an opinion about a current event.
Success criteria: I know I can do this when I write my viewpoint on a article in my own words.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.